L-1A Visa and L-1B Visa: Intracompany Transfer Visas

Part 1   Part 2   Part 3   Part 4   Part 5   Part 6

Click Here For Part 1 With Video Transcript


 – L1  Guide – Transfer To/Open New US Branch
L1 Client Video – The Ross Christieson Interview

The L-1A Intracompany Transfer visa not only enables aliens at the management or executive level to transfer quickly and smoothly to the US, but it also enables these aliens to have rapid progression toward getting their green cards. In fact, the L-1A visa is one of the most sought after visas for this reason. So if you have your own existing company in your country and would like to open a branch in the US then this visa could not be better for you and your family. Alternatively, you already work for a multinational company and you get the opportunity to transfer to the US then take it with both hands if you can. When talking to your company make sure that they will support your visa upgrade to green card status as soon as possible so that you and your family can settle.

The L-1B is also an Intracompany Transfer option but these visas are specific to specialists, not managers. US Immigration will want to see that the alien has specialized skills before granting the application. My job will be to make sure that you go for the right visa every time.  Please check out the links above and be inspired.

Bearing the above in mind I look forward to working with you very soon.

By Chris M. Ingram, LL.M., ESQ.
Attorney at Law


US Immigration Law Offices of Chris M. Ingram
Chris M. Ingram LL.M., ESQ – Immigration Attorney
Admitted in New York.
Practice Specializing in US Immigration Law
520 Broadway, Suite 350,
Santa Monica,
California 90401
Tel: 310 496 4292


Everyday the Law Offices of Chris M. Ingram provides a comprehensive range of US Immigration expertise. We also provide a free consultation for our prospective clients. 


General Location: Santa Monica,  Santa Clarita, Los Angeles, California, USA.
Serving all 50 States
Copyright 2010


Please note that nothing contained in this website or link therefrom shall be regarded as providing legal advice. Please contact us directly for legal advice specific to your situation. Thank You.